The Star Trek Re-Watch Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S3E19 Requiem for Methuselah

2 posters

Go down

S3E19 Requiem for Methuselah Empty S3E19 Requiem for Methuselah

Post  Admin Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:47 pm

Original Air Date 02/14/69

While seeking a cure for a fever ravaging the Enterprise, Kirk and Spock encounter Flint, a hermit-like Earthman, and his beautiful young ward.

Admin
Admin

https://trekwatch.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

S3E19 Requiem for Methuselah Empty Re: S3E19 Requiem for Methuselah

Post  Dizzle Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:02 pm

I love how Star Trek will just randomly be like... well we're just gonna totally say fuckall to history. Guess what, one highlander was Alexander the Great, Lazarus, Leonardo DaVinci, Johannes Brahms, King Solomon, Merlin, Methuselah, and Reginald Pollack.

Merlin? Shit, why not Jesus too. All of that experience in the world and the best he can do for a life long immortal android companion is a pretty plain looking blonde chick? I mean... I personally would have added a color.

This is all I was going to say.. but I guess it's also worth commenting on the fact that Kirk LOST HIS GODDAMN MIND over some girl he played pool with for like 30min and decided he was going to fight a man who could turn the Enterprise into a scale model of itself frozen in time?

Side note... what a specialized remote control Flint has. There are like 7 buttons and one of them is for shrinking down a space ship in orbit around his planet, freezing time inside of it and teleporting it to his desk. I'm assuming another one of the buttons must be specifically for reversing this very specific task. I'd really like to know what the immortal highlander who's lived for 6000 years would deem worthy of the other 5 really really specific buttons...

anyways... WTF was Kirk thinking? Even after he figures out that the girl is really just an android and that Flint is already in love with her and what her purpose is.. Kirk is still totally cockblocking a highlander. Even if he wasn't just totally saying F the crew of my ship and my mission for this robot, what's the best case scenario? Kirk takes the android and just has a super smart sexbot that everyone on the ship but the sexbot knows is a sexbot? I mean really? Anyways... I'm rambling too much.

I'll just sum up with, wasn't it nice for Spock to go all Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind for Kirk. I guess it was only logical to keep the ship running.

Dizzle

Back to top Go down