The Star Trek Re-Watch Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2E25 Bread and Circuses

2 posters

Go down

S2E25 Bread and Circuses Empty S2E25 Bread and Circuses

Post  Admin Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Original Air Date 3/15/68

The Enterprise encounters a planet whose culture is patterned on ancient Rome... and holds gladiatorial games that Kirk, Spock, and McCoy must fight in.

Admin
Admin

https://trekwatch.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

S2E25 Bread and Circuses Empty Re: S2E25 Bread and Circuses

Post  Adam-12 Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:12 pm

I really enjoyed this episode overall. I just wish they hadn't been so obvious with the parallels to Earth Romans... they even made it a point to say they were speaking English! Why couldn't we have just been led to assume that the universal translator was hard at work like on every other world? The people on this planet even used the same proper nouns such as Jupiter and Romans... I think we would have gotten the point if they would have just been wearing the gear... maybe it was too much to ask for the writers to come up with alien names for everything.

I felt like the villian's motivations were sort of thin and it was weird how Merrick changed his mind at the last minute and abruptly ends the episode.

Still, despite it's flaws, I really enjoy this one and I now want a grey shirt with the chain logo under the neck line!

Adam-12
Admin

Back to top Go down