The Star Trek Re-Watch Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2E21 Patterns of Force

2 posters

Go down

S2E21 Patterns of Force Empty S2E21 Patterns of Force

Post  Admin Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Original Air Date 2/16/68

The Enterprise seeks out a historical researcher with whom the Federation has lost contact, and discovers he has contaminated a culture, remaking it into a near-duplicate of Nazi Germany.

Admin
Admin

https://trekwatch.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

S2E21 Patterns of Force Empty Re: S2E21 Patterns of Force

Post  Adam-12 Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:32 pm

Yet another episode where the aliens are indistinguishable from humans... they didn't even try to put any glitter on their foreheads or anything this time! This one was a little far-fetched if you ask me, seems like they came across a bunch of Nazi uniforms on the lot and someone said, "hey, let's write a script with Nazi's in it so we can use these!" I also thought it was funny how Shatner said Nazi, "Nat-zee" instead of "Not-ze." Maybe I'm saying it wrong?!?

Also, near the beginning of the ep, Kirk has Bones inject them with a transponder so they can be beamed up if they loose contact. Brilliant! Why didn't they think of that before? Even still, when Kirk and Spock were captured instead of just waiting to be beamed us, as per plan, they instead pulled a MacGuyver and jury-rigged a way out of prison. And the Enterprise didn't seem surprised or upset about the fact that they couldn't beam them up when they were supposed to! I guess this was just another dropped plot point that I should expect by now!

Adam-12
Admin

Back to top Go down