The Star Trek Re-Watch Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2E18 The Immunity Syndrome

2 posters

Go down

S2E18 The Immunity Syndrome Empty S2E18 The Immunity Syndrome

Post  Admin Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Original Air Date 1/19/68

The Enterprise must destroy an enormous space amoeba before it reproduces and threatens known space.

Admin
Admin

https://trekwatch.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

S2E18 The Immunity Syndrome Empty Re: S2E18 The Immunity Syndrome

Post  Adam-12 Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:01 pm

I really enjoyed this episode. It's a rare example of a good concept that they didn't go overboard with by the end of it. I thought it was relatively believable all the way through and didn't seem to have any of those weird moments where it drops plot points randomly.

Something to note that probably won't matter much to most is that line towards the end where Spock says "Shuttlecraft to Enterprise, shuttlecraft to Enterprise..." I have a shuttlecraft Hallmark Christmas ornament that has that line followed by "Spock here, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays." I'm pretty sure, having heard that ornament a billion times, that the "shuttlecraft to Enterprise" line was lifted from this episode. Who knows. Kinda funny though.

I also really liked the line from Spock after Bones says "damnit, Spock, we're rescuing you!" Spock replies "Well, thank you, Captain McCoy." Again, great banter between these two!

Adam-12
Admin

Back to top Go down