The Star Trek Re-Watch Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2E15 The Trouble With Tribbles

3 posters

Go down

S2E15 The Trouble With Tribbles Empty S2E15 The Trouble With Tribbles

Post  Admin Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Original Air Date 12/29/67

Kirk must defuse a Klingon scheme to destroy a grain shipment...and cope with a seemingly benign creature known as a tribble, which reproduces at amazing speed.

Admin
Admin

https://trekwatch.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

S2E15 The Trouble With Tribbles Empty Re: S2E15 The Trouble With Tribbles

Post  Adam-12 Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:20 pm

I can't help but like this ep despite the ridiculous slap-stick humor. It's definitely become a classic and it's really cool to see it revisited in DS9 (Trials and Tribble-ations DS9 S5E6).

Other than the Klingons being more human there were a couple of other things I noticed that were slightly off. The way Klingons is pronounced in the episode, they say it as if it has an 'a' at the end instead of an 'o.' (Klingan!) Also, the Klingon language is referred to as "Klingonese" instead of just "Klingon." That reminds me of how in early eps Vulcans are referred to as "Vulcanians."

Adam-12
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizzle Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:43 pm

I like this episode too. Despite the real danger these tribbles pose, Kirk is full on swagger mode the entire episode. I feel like the whole point of the episode (after the tribbles) is Kirk just being a dick to the project director.

I don't know exactly why this episode is such a classic. Even before I started this journey to watch all of Star Trek, I had heard about this episode and had a fairly good idea what a tribble was. This episode just doesn't stand out to me though except for it's slap stick comedy and Kirk in full on hubris mode.

Dizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down