The Star Trek Re-Watch Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S4E22 These Are the Voyages...

2 posters

Go down

S4E22 These Are the Voyages... Empty S4E22 These Are the Voyages...

Post  Admin Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:52 am

Original Air Date 5/13/05

Commander William Riker of the Enterprise-D is torn between his loyalty to Captain Picard and his duty to a former captain. To shed some light on his predicament, Riker visits a holodeck recreation of the final mission of the NX-01 and signing of the Federation Charter.

Admin
Admin

https://trekwatch.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

S4E22 These Are the Voyages... Empty Re: S4E22 These Are the Voyages...

Post  Adam-12 Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:03 pm

This isn't a bad episode by any means, however, the placing of it as the final episode of 'Enterprise' sealed it's fate and left a bad taste in Trekker's mouths. The final eps should have been "Demons" and "Terra Prime" since they really tied up the 'Enterprise' story... instead they make the final ep essentially a TNG ep making it look like the Enterprise crew couldn't carry their own finale.

One day I'll watch this ep along with "The Pegasus" (TNG S7E12), using the first and second halves of "These Are the Voyages..." as bookends to the TNG ep... I think it would work quite well despite the obvious age issues with Riker and Troy.

Also of note with this ep is the fact the it aired on 5/13/05... Only six days before "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" came to theatres. At the time, we didn't know that J.J. Abrams was going to reboot Trek or that George Lucas had a Clone Wars tv show planned... I, along with many others, thought this was The End of both Trek and Wars!!! Thankfully, I thought wrong!

Adam-12
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum